Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Frist Two Days

How are you all? I'm doing great! My first two days have been awesome. It's been hot. Everybody says it's not that hot though.
My trainer is awesome, he's from Washington, his name is Elder Dallin Law. He goes home next transfer. We're teaching a family of 11 - La familia Hernandez. They're awesome. I've met a ton of people. All the missionaries in my zone are really awesome. My companion is the district leader of our district. I really like the President. I've already been sunburned - only on a portion of my arms though. I've been sunscreening up my face pretty good. Spanish is still hard. But I feel like I'm learning more and more every day.
And so today is my P-day, Thursday.
I'm sad that I won't see my old district again for awhile, but it's alright I really like everyone in my district now, they are all really mature and funny. Today we're playing soccer. I really like doing what I'm doing. I've sweat more in the past two days than I think I did all of last summer. And I'm working out a system so that I'm never dehydrated. I have that camel-back you gave me mom, and so I'm using that.
In my apartment two other English speaking Elders are also living with Elder Law and I. It's a nice apartment, the two Elders are really nice, one of them keeps a pet black widow, so I'm a little bit nervous about that. But it's kinda cool, we have roaches in the apartment, and so every once in a while I guess they feed the black widow (I think we're naming it sparkita, kinda like sparky but it's a girl so sparkita) roaches, and the black widow has been living in it's little clear tuperware container for about three months now. I would ask them to throw it away, but I think the one Elder is really attached to it. Yeah, I don't remember the other two English speaking Elder's names, but they're playing soccer today so I'll make sure I get their names. I've memorized the names of la familia hernandez - angel, carmen, Janet, Erick, Guadalupe, Miguel, Jorge, angel, marisela, Jose, and perla. hehe. But we haven't taught the dad yet, he's always been working.
Anyways, I'm in a really sweet part of town, it overlooks all of the valley, and we're right by the temple. In fact, right now I'm in the church building directly next to the temple. The Las Vegas temple is really pretty. I saw Nico - you know from our ward? He looks good. How much longer does he have I wonder? I also so another person from Wake Forest ward. I think he's Spanish speaking as well, so we could end up being companions. Unless he goes home soon. I'm way excited to be here. I talked with Justin the last night I was in the MTC, I think he's doing pretty well. I think he might be a little bored though because he shaved a big nike swoosh in his leg hair. Then on his other leg he has a big H - probably for Hales. Haha, it's kinda funny. Don't tell Jeanette or Bob though, I don't want them to worry or anything.
I've only gotten one nosebleed while I've been here! I'm excited about that, and it was at night so it wasn't that big of a deal. If I had been on bike 2 miles away from our apartment that would have stunk way bad. So I think I'm working out a system for that too. I think I'm gonna vasaline it up in the morning and at night, and maybe ill take some vasaline with me if I feel like my nose is dry during the day. I can't believe how dirty I've gotten the past two days I've been here. And I can't believe it's already been two days. It's gone by fast.
I'm kinda bummed though because I don't have a pillow, I've just been using my dirty clothes bag to sleep on. I'll get one soon though I'm sure.
My companion is a really good teacher. He pulls most of the weight during conversations and lessons. But I've been able to contribute a little, in both Spanish and English, so I'm grateful for that. Probably 50% of our contacts and lessons have been in English and 50% in Spanish. It's kinda cool to switch it up like that. I'm pretty blessed because I've been understanding a lot and I've been able to communicate a lot. I like the Bishop in our ward, he told us to baptize. So hopefully we'll be able to do that.
And hey, you can e-mail me now - I have like an hour for e-mail and stuff.... Plenty of time. Also, Any family members can e-mail me, and I'll be able to e-mail them back.
So let me know how you all are doing. I'm sorry that I didn't catch many of you on the phone on Tuesday this week, I was really happy I got to talk to Mom though. I had memorized 6051134 and 6057206 so I called those to numbers, i think james and hayleys, but neither of them picked up. Also i called the home phone but nobody picked up.
I've eaten some interesting food so far. Some genuine Mexican food. And my stomach handled it great. Although i at these like taquito thingys and they were not good. They were filled with like 30 percent onions and 40 percent potatoes and im not sure what else. But also, the investigator, Ramon, had an open bag of dogfood over on the kitchen counter and he doesn't have a dog. So, I just ate a little and asked if I could take the rest home with me. But that didn't make me sick either, so that was a blessing.
But this investigator, Ramon, is really nice. He believes in the Book of Mormon, but he's a little bit confused on the Godhead and he doesn't understand Mary the Mother of Jesus. And he speaks spanish, so he's a really challenging investigator, also too because he's smart and he understands a lot of doctrine he's challenging.

Anyways, I love you all, Hope your summer is going good!
Bye, Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment