Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm really discouraged from writing you all letters when you don't write me back, because I don't know if you're receiving the ones I write to you. I got a letter from Mom yesterday that was dated July 19th, so thanks for writing me Mom. And thanks Hayley for writing me, it was awesome to get a letter from you. But hey it's really easy for me to get e-mails and then just write you all back. Then I look forward to my Thursday e-mailing time because I get to hear from you. And I have an hour to do it all.

I'm just talking about the past three p-days because I've sent e-mails and haven't gotten anything back. I don't know if you all are writing letters or what or just really busy, I don't really know what's going on.
So have you been getting my e-mails? I understand if you have been really busy from work and stuff and haven't been able to write me. But maybe you can just send me a little two line e-mail telling me that you all are doing alright and that you're getting my e-mails.

By the way Happy Birthday Dad and Cammie!!! I hope you have an awesome birthday. I'll be thinking about you two on the 7th and on the 9th, respectively.

I'm having fun teaching the gospel and it hasn't been so hot recently. Only like 103... So that's a huge blessing. I've started running with my companion in the mornings and that's now a really enjoyable part of my day. Right now something I'm working on is memorizing everybodys name in the ward and all of the investigators. Also I'm still working at Spanish, it's coming more and more. And I'm learning a ton from my trainer. He's an awesome teacher. He goes home in less than 4 weeks. I think he's pretty excited about that, but he's a good missionary, I think that he'll miss it a lot. The first two weeks were tough, but I feel like I'm enjoying myself more and more. Some days are more fun than others when we talk to a lot of people.

A kinda cool thing happened at a ward activity on Monday. There was a game organized, it was a kind of relay race. The boys were in one line and the girls were in the other line. All of them had a balloon. and accross the cultural hall there were two chairs. The kids had to one at a time run over to the chairs and sit on their balloons to pop them. it was really funny watching all the kids. So anyways, it got to the very end and the girls all finished, but there was one two year old boy left to go. But everybody said the girls had already won, but he started crying so then everybody was like oh nevermind you can still go and do it, hurry go. This happened all in spanish and happened kind of fast. So then the boy stopped crying and got serious so he ran over and the ward mission leader helped him pop his balloon. So then everybody around watching started cheering ( all the parents were in there two but on the sidelines watching) then the little boy ran back to his parents (which his parents are investigators by the way) and the little boy was pumping both his fists up and down like he had just finished a marathon or something. maybe it's not that funny to you but it was to me.
ANyways, i love you all and i hope that cammie and dad have good birthdays.
whelp please send me something.
Elder draper

___________________________________________________________

I just got your letter mom, awesome, yeah my p-day is on Thursday.

That's awesome that work sounds busy for you mom! I'm so excited. Are you enjoying it?


The Hernandez family is set for baptism. The dad turned out to be really excited about the church, and he came last Sunday!!! He's very humble but really smart. He just barely turned 39 and he has 9 Children? isn't that crazy. And there were actually two other younger kids that passed away. So it would have been a family of 13 had the two younger ones not passed away. Their names are Angel, Carmen - the parents. Kids from oldest to youngest Janet, Guadalupe, Erick, Miguel, Jorge, Angel, Maricela, Jose, Perla.... Wow big family huh?

Janet and Guadalupe like the book of mormon, they have a lot of faith and have already received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith is a prophet!

Well that's about it for today.
I love you all Grandma, James, Whit, Devon, MOm, dad, aunt diane, hayley, cammie, and riley.
Will you tell Hayley to send me her e-mail address? then i can reply to her letter and she'll get an answer quickly.
Tell everybody they can send me e-mails, ill get back to them the thursday around 11 or 12 West Coast time.
Get an e-mail to me by then and ill write you back.

Elder William Draper

PS dont worry about me getting burned, ive been wearing sunscreen and today i bought SPF 85+ sunscreen, haha, i didnt know that had that high of protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment